July 28, 2008

Blankie

Okay, so this book, when my 2 year old and I sat down to read it, pretty much rendered her speechless! :) At times when she finds things that are 'the same' as her she points it out with a cute affirming "too" on the end of the sentence. I don't know if this book hit so close to home or what. And she wanted to read it over and over again. We read it about 5 times in a row at bedtime and she just seemed so quiet or awe-struck or something! She is a 'blankie girl' through and through and so this book is absolutely perfect for her. You get to meet Blankie in the beginning of the book then see all that it does with its little tiny owner. I'm not too crazy about the subtle ink-smudged illustrations, but the message is clear—"... I love Blankie best of all. And Blankie loves me!" A great gift idea for the little blankie lover in your life :)

Buy "Blankie" at Amazon.com

1 comment:

Steph said...

I wish I would have noticed your blog sooner. It's adorable! It looks so professional! What a great little spot to find good reads. Thanks Shel!